Do you want to get out of shoulder or elbow pain?
What most people regard as shoulder pain could be a combination of multiple joints, ligaments, tendons and/or nerves.
What are common causes of shoulder pain?
- Tendon inflammation (bursitis or tendinitis) or tendon tear
- E.g. Rotator cuff tendinitis due to repetitive stress/wear and tear or trauma
- E.g. Subacromial bursitis – inflamed bursa between the rotator cuff and acromion
- Acromioclavicular (AC)
- Glenohumeral joint
- SLAP tear or Bankart tears of the labrum
- Scapular winging or inappropriate muscle firing
- Glenohumeral or AC joint
- Nerve / neurogenic inflammation
- E.g. Dorsal scapular, Suprascapular or supraclavicular nerve impingement
- Frozen shoulder
- Fracture (broken bone)
- Humerus, scapula, clavicle or acromion
How can we help with your shoulder or elbow pain?
By using ultrasound guidance, we have one of the most accurate ways to gauge degree of damage to soft tissue structures in and around the shoulder, e.g. the rotator cuff tendons, cartilage, nerves, assessing joint mobility, etc. Moreover, ultrasound is dynamic unlike MRI / CT which are statis images meaning we can video and image in real-time, impingements and degeneration of structures while mobilizing your shoulder during physical examination.
Ultrasound-Guided Nerve/Myofascial Plane Hydrodissection
We’ve brought ultrasound-guided nerve hydrodissection to the San Francisco area! Nerve hydrodissection is a safe method of relieving nerve entrapment by injecting regenerative substances (e.g. PRP/platelet–rich plasma, diluted dextrose, cell-derived growth factors) around a nerve. This procedure can only be done safely under ultrasound visualization in order to pin-point choke point areas and also to avoid damage to surrounding structures, i.e. blood/lymphatic vessels or going into nerve fibers themselves. The injected fluid is meant to create a “halo” around the nerve to cushion it. This creation of space via injected fluid relieves the pressure off the nerve from the surrounding muscles and separates the nerve from restrictive adhesions or “webs” made by tissue, fascia (connective tissue lining of muscles), post-surgical scar tissue or adjacent structures like bony spurs, etc. Such adhesions restrict the nerve’s mobility and function thereby causing irritation, enlargement and chronic pain over time.
People usually seek out this treatment after having exhausted standards of care with respect to pain management, including acupuncture, physiotherapy and/or surgical interventions.
Do You Qualify For This Treatment?
- Are you suffering from chronic back pain that you haven’t found relief from?
- Have you been told that surgery is your only hope?
- Do you live near San Francisco, or are you willing to travel for this incredibly effective procedure?
- Are you willing to invest in this powerful technology to improve your daily quality of life?
- Do you want to investigate how this safe technology can benefit you to avoid more costly/high-risk procedures in the future?
- The starting cost for this procedure is $1,500 – which includes the diagnosis and treatment strategy. Is that feasible for you?
If you qualify and want more information on ultrasound nerve hydrodissection and learn how we can help you with relieving your back pain, call (866) 988-1257.
The resolution obtained from ultrasound has significant advantages over magnetic resonance (MRI) or X-ray imaging in the evaluation of peripheral nerves, including but not limited to:
- Superior or equal specificity and enhanced soft-tissue resolution and specificity vs. MRI
- Ability to see myofascial adhesions, soft tissue abnormalities and joint architecture
- Cost-effective over more expensive imaging approaches of CT or MRI
Real-time and dynamic imaging (MRI and CT are static and cannot accentuate many pathologies)
- Defects and impingements can be seen during physical exam/motion palpation
- Clinically abnormal findings may be immediately compared with the contralateral side
- Targeted injections often have no long-lasting side effects or residual scarring of tissue
- Avoid invasive procedures/surgery
The potential for nerve hydrodissections to get you out of pain cannot be understated. Quality of life is often dramatically and immediately improved as well as avoiding the high costs to more invasive interventions or surgeries which generally have higher risks and complications.
Other Conditions Treated:
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Chronic post-surgical pain
- Nerve impingements due to anatomical defects, trauma or surgery
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Non-responsive carpal/tarsal tunnel syndromes
- Cancer pain management
For more on ultrasound nerve hydrodissection and learn how we can help you with your shoulder or elbow pain, call (866) 988-1257.