Photobiomodulation / Low-Level Laser Therapy
Photobiomodulation (PBM), previously known as low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT), is a treatment approach that uses visible and near-infrared light with a wavelength from 450 to 1100 nm to trigger photochemical changes within intracellular structures.
PBM has been used safely for over 50 years and studied in various diseases such as:
Photobiomodulation (PBM) is a safe form of non-thermal light therapy which has been shown in the literature to effectively mitigate conditions, such as:
- mitochondrial dysfunction
- reactive oxidative stress
- gut microbiota dysbiosis
These conditions are inherent in complex chronic illnesses like Lyme, Bartonella, Viruses and Mold/Biotoxin illness.
PBM aka “laser” therapy is a time-tested, evidence based and minimally invasive treatment modality that can be administered intravenously with very few side effects. At Anatara Medicine we offer the Weber endolaser IV system which has been well-studied and safely used in Germany for over 20 years.
Light Frequency Benefits
Each light frequency will have an affinity or resonance with certain tissue types and physiological processes. For example:
- The red and near infrared spectrum of light is effective in stimulating the immune system and improving blood viscosity.
- The green and blue frequencies are effective in modulating acute pain, increasing blood supply to a region and nitric oxide production as well as bactericidal effects.
- The ultraviolet spectrum is anti-viral and anti-bacterial.
- The yellow frequency has anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety and detoxificationeffects that seem to be effective in “die off”/Herxheimer reactions as well as histamine-based / MAST cell activation.
Contact Us to Learn More about Photobiomodulation
Photobiomodulation or Low-Level Laser Therapy is safe and effective and used by Anatara Medicine when treating a wide variety of health conditions. If you or a loved one think this therapy might be an option for you, contact us today 415-345-0099 or submit an online inquiry to learn more.
- Liebert A, Krause A, Goonetilleke N, Bicknell B, Kiat H. A Role for Photobiomodulation in the Prevention of Myocardial Ischemic Reperfusion Injury: A Systematic Review and Potential Molecular Mechanisms. Sci Rep. 2017 Feb 9;7:42386. doi: 10.1038/srep42386. PMID: 28181487;
- Moskvin, S.; Askhadulin, E.; Kochetkov, A. Low-Level Laser Therapy in Prevention of the Development of Endothelial Dysfunction and Clinical Experience of Treatment and Rehabilitation of COVID-19 Patients. Rehabil. Res. Pract. 2021