Integrative Treatment for Prostate Cancer
Anatara Medicine is one of the most advanced multidisciplinary prostate cancer clinics in the world. We offer a unique, comprehensive, individualized approach to treating prostate cancer stages I through IV.
As recognized leaders in holistic prostate cancer treatment and prevention, we continue to pioneer novel approaches to prostate cancer care.
We seek to use non-invasive prostate cancer treatments to vigorously attack prostate cancer while protecting your body from the toxic side effects that conventional cancer treatments can cause.
Our approach works on strengthening your bodily systems to increase cellular energy, bolster your immune system, and provide your body with what it needs to fight disease and restore balance for improved health and wellness.
Our welcoming atmosphere and private treatment rooms allow you and your loved ones to relax and receive these healing therapies.
We are excited to provide you with a comprehensive, technologically advanced, and scientifically based approach to cancer treatment.
The Role of the Prostate Gland
The prostate is a walnut-sized gland that sits beneath the bladder and in front of the rectum.
The prostate’s main job is to make fluid that becomes part of semen.
The urethra, which is the tube that drains urine from the bladder and passes it out of the body, goes through the center of the prostate gland.
Facts About Prostate Cancer
According to American Cancer Society, aside from skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the United States.
It is the second leading cause of cancer death in American men, behind lung cancer.
The average risk of a man in the United States developing prostate cancer sometime in his life is 1 in 8.
It is estimated that:
- About 287,850 new cases of invasive prostate cancer will be diagnosed in men.
- The average age of men at diagnosis is about 66.
- About 34,500 men will die from prostate cancer.
- 1 in 41 men will die of prostate cancer.
- Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it.
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Prostate cancer may cause no signs or symptoms in its early stages. Later stages of prostate cancer may cause signs and symptoms such as:
- Difficulty urinating
- Decreased force in the urine stream
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the semen
- Erectile dysfunction
- Losing weight without trying
- Bone pain
Prostate Cancer Diagnosis?
We understand your concern. A prostate cancer diagnosis can turn your world upside down, and it can be challenging to know what steps you should take next.
Anatara Medicine’s approach is grounded in the physiology of what your body needs to fight your specific disease.
Our data-driven approach is based on the most comprehensive, system-wide evaluation of your health you may have ever received.
Our step-by-step, integrative approach is designed to shrink and slow the growth of tumors, while also eliminating any cancer cells that may have spread to other parts of the body.
We add supportive treatments designed to strengthen your immune system, improve detoxification pathways, enhance cellular energy and communication, restore balance, and maximize your overall health for years to come.
We use cutting-edge testing to deeply dive into understanding you at a cellular level to address conditions, boost the immune system, and provide you with stacked therapies in a strategic and tailored fashion. Some of the most advanced and sensitive imaging in the world, along with comprehensive testing, inform us about how your body may respond to particular treatments and your unique cancer biomarkers and vulnerabilities.
From this, we create a custom cancer treatment protocol for your body.
- Cancer Blood Biopsy
- Whole Body Scan
- Cancer DNA Detection Test
- Cancer Enzyme Testing
- Therapeutic Drug Response Test
- Deep DNA Analysis / Genomic Testing
- and more…
We create a customized cancer treatment protocol employing cutting-edge treatments to attack the cancer cells, disrupt their communication networks, block their food source, and inhibit their ability to spread. The goal is to shrink existing tumors, halt new tumor growth, and prevent the spread of new cancer cells.
We also greatly support the body to maximize results with the following steps.
- IPT (Insulin Potentiation Therapy)
- Ozone Therapy
- SOT Therapy
- REDOX Regulation
- Injectables & Custom Drugs
- Repurposed Drugs
- PICC Placement
- and more…
The innate immune system is what protects your body from disease. A compromised immune system allows disease to take root. We use a variety of therapies to enhance, restore and dramatically improve immune function. An immune system in tip-top shape is one of the best defenses.
Next, we address the underlying contributing factors.
- Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation and Ozonation Therapy (EBOO & EBO2)
- Peptide Therapies
- Mitochondrial Health
- Lymphatic Massages
- and more…
This extremely comprehensive approach to prostate cancer gives the body the resources it needs to fight cancer and restore health without exposing the patient to toxic side effects.
Rethinking Cancer Treatment Using A Functional Medicine Approach
Our own Dr. Ann Lee, MD presented this lecture at the Silicon Valley Health Institute in Palo Alto, CA.
Contact Us Today
If you’ve been recently diagnosed, or are concerned about symptoms, we can help. We understand this is stressful and you have questions.
Rest assured, we are 100% dedicated to your health and recovery and will be with you every step of the way.
With hundreds of years of combined experience, the Anatara Medicine team will bring powerful leading-edge interventions, as well as foundational interventions, to help you get healthier than ever.
Give us a call today and find out how we can help. We look forward to seeing you!
Frequently Asked Questions
We, unfortunately, do not take insurance. Our proprietary treatments, therapies, and diagnostics are exclusive, offered by only a few practitioners in the US. As such, insurance companies do not cover these yet.
Yes, we offer Telehealth services to many locations.
Making a trip to our lovely city of San Francisco does not need to happen right away. Based on your initial consultation, what testing has come in, our doctors will tailor recommendations for you, and we will do our best to work around your schedule.
We begin with an in-person or Telemedicine consultation with one or two of our doctors. The doctor(s) will typically recommend conventional and state-of-the-art, leading-edge tests based on the consultation. Some of these tests will likely require a blood draw. Once the test results are back, we will schedule an appointment for the doctor to review your results with you in detail.
The doctor may recommend you begin specific therapies during your initial visit before your labs have come back in certain circumstances. The doctor will discuss any such recommendations with you in detail.
Because Anatara is a leading and cutting-edge treatment center, most therapies will be received at our center in San Francisco, however, where possible, we will work with partnered centers across the country to accommodate your schedule.
Therapies are tailored for you by the doctor and Anatara team based on many variables. We offer individual targeted therapies and some treatment packages, and we will be happy to review those in detail with you once they are recommended. Many of our treatment plans include IV (intravenous) therapies, a very efficient way of administering medications and nutrients into your bloodstream to get to the tissues and cells. Some IVs only take ~ 1.5 hours, while others can take 3.0-4.0 hours, based on the tailored treatments the doctor has recommended
The Problems with Conventional Prostate Cancer Treatment
Conventional prostate cancer treatment has not improved very much over the last several decades and still tends to employ a brute-force approach with invasive surgery, radiation, hormone therapy, and chemotherapy.
Such treatments damage the physical structures of the body, suppress the immune system and leave patients with a litany of side-effects.
There are new, better options available. Options that address the reasons you may have developed cancer in the first place, so that the underlying causes can be addressed.
Our treatment options are less invasive, yet just as powerful and grounded in the latest science and technological advances of modern medicine.
Is Waiting Really the Right Approach?
Prostate cancer is generally slow-growing, and many men who have it (particularly those who are older or have other serious health problems) may be advised to take a wait-and-see approach.
While this approach is obviously less invasive, it’s also a very passive approach leaving the outcome to chance.
The fact that cancer developed in the first place, means something is amiss and there are positive actions that should be taken to tackle the issue before it gets more serious.
When active treatment is necessary, it will depend on how far the cancer has progressed. Treatment can include one or more of the following:
- radiation therapy
- hormone therapy
Radiation Side Effects
Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays or particles to kill cancer cells.
- Pain, burning, swelling, and skin discoloration (typically red) at the radiation site. This may lead to blistering or peeling of the skin.
- Frequent urination
- Difficult or painful urination
- Blood in the urine
- Urinary leakage
- Abdominal cramping
- Painful bowel movements
- Rectal bleeding
- Rectal leaking
- Loss of hair in pelvic region
- Sexual dysfunction, including diminished erectile function or decrease in the volume of semen
- Secondary cancers in the region of the radiation (bladder & colon cancers)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Higher risk of infections due to treatments weakening your immune system
- Lymphedema, or swelling, can occur when the lymph nodes are damaged
- Erectile dysfunction
- Blood in the stool
- Chronic diarrhea
Surgery Side Effects
Surgery usually involves the removal of the entire prostate gland, plus lymph glands, and some of the surrounding tissue including the seminal vesicles glands, which make most of the fluid for semen.
- Erectile dysfunction
- Change in penis length: a potential side effect of surgery is a decrease in penis length due to urethra being shortened during surgery
- Changes in orgasm: after surgery there is no ejaculation of semen
- Urinary incontinence
- Lymphedema, a painful condition where lymph fluid builds up in the tissues, causing swelling and pain.
- Loss of fertility
- Susceptibility to groin hernias
Surgery Risks Include
- Negative reactions to anesthesia
- Bleeding from the surgery
- Blood clots in the legs or lungs
- Damage to nearby organs
- Infections at the surgery site.
Chemotherapy Side Effects
Chemotherapy is a treatment that uses cytotoxic (anti-cancer) chemicals to kill cancer cells. The medicines enter the bloodstream and are distributed throughout the body.
- Feeling sick
- Shortness of breath
- Nausea, diarrhea or constipation
- Life-threatening infection due to a depressed immune system
- Heart problems like congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, arrhythmias (irregular heartbeats causing light-headedness, chest pain, and shortness of breath)
- Bone, joint, and soft tissue problems
- Long-term side effects to the brain, spinal cord, and nerves
- Hair loss
- Neuropathy (numbness and tingling in hands or feet)
- Anemia, bruising, and bleeding.
- Blood clots
- Memory, attention, and other cognitive issues
- Abdominal pain
- Sexual difficulties
- Mouth sores
- Brain fog (“chemo brain”)
- Development of new cancers in the future
Emotional Side Effects
- Often following a traumatic procedure like surgery, radiation or chemotherapy, a person can develop emotional issues such as anxiety and depression.
- Cancer drugs can cause various cognitive, mental and emotional side effects.
- Family and friends watching their loved ones go through difficult procedures often suffer trauma from the experience.
Drug Side Effects
Hormone therapy is often recommended and its goal is to reduce or suppress male hormones, called androgens. Androgens such as testosterone are believed to stimulate prostate cancer cells to grow.
- Lowered or absent sexual desire
- Shrinkage of testicles and penis
- Erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Hot flashes
- Breast tenderness and growth of breast tissue (gynecomastia)
- Osteoporosis (bone thinning), which can lead to broken bones
- Anemia (low red blood cell counts)
- Loss of muscle mass
- Weight gain
- Fatigue and tiredness
- Increased cholesterol levels
Other cancer drugs can cause high blood pressure, lung problems, hypertension, muscle and joint pain, and thinning hair.
Discover New Solutions for Prostate Cancer
There are breakthroughs in prostate cancer treatment you may not have heard about. You owe it to yourself to explore all your available options.
Our prostate cancer treatment attacks cancer’s underlying causes and mechanisms while holistically supporting and restoring your body and mind at every level.
Give us a call today and learn about these new options. We look forward to speaking with you!